1.31.2008

Umbrella


As you can see, I've added a list of songs that I've been enjoying as of late. You may be wondering, "What's the deal with the Umbrella song being on there three times?" Well, I'll tell you. When I first heard this song by Rhianna, I thought it was incredibly obnoxious. The way she said "um-ber-ella" bugged me, and then she repeated the end of the word two more times (ella ella) and then proceeded to end it off with a very unintelligent sound (eh eh eh). It drove me nuts. Lately, however, Braden has been requesting this song often and asks me to find it on the radio frequently when we are in the car. Umbrella is, after all, one of his favorite words, and he likes to sing along to the chorus. Anyway, I've heard it more recently, and I've really started enjoying the message. It really fits for me and Spencer right now. Our life is not at all how we'd planned at this point. It seems like when we think things can't get worse, something else comes up and we go back to the drawing board yet again. I'm not complaining. I know we'll look back on this and grin and say, "Yeah, that was tough, but look at where it got us." I'm just feeling the rain pouring down, and the more it pours, the more I feel like just holding on to Spencer and riding out the storm together. I don't know if this post makes much sense, and I know it's cheesy, but I'll end with this: Spencer, I'll always be willing to go through the storms if you're the one with whom I share the umbrella.

2 comments:

CCmomma said...

I totally feel for you! Aren't you glad you have such a great man! Love you all heeps!

Anonymous said...

I really should be telling you this in person, but I know how much you love comments on your blog. Thanks for all the support you have rendered thus far. The storm is not over yet but we can handle it together.

I love you.