1.14.2008

A Fun Project

I have started a project! As you know, we have been living in the Shaw's basement for awhile now (a lot longer than we had originally planned). During this time, I have really craved some artistic expression in the form of decorating. We haven't unpacked our stuff, so none of the things that give our place our personality are out and visible. The idea of decorating the basement came up about a month ago. I helped decorate for Esther's bridal shower, and everyone loved how it turned out. I mentioned that I really liked decorating, but that it was a side of me that I hadn't really shown since I had moved in. JulieAnn mentioned to me that since we would be staying longer, she wouldn't mind if I did more in that area. That was enough to set my mind turning. I thought and thought about the potential the basement had. After I had thought for some time, I approached JulieAnn about my ideas (after I had tested them out on Esther). She liked the ideas, and has been helping me come up with workable solutions to some of the obstacles. I should be done at the end of this week, and I'll post before and after pictures then. I'm very excited about the whole thing and glad to be working on a fun project.

2 comments:

Alisa said...

Cute hair Crystal! Your kids are adorable too. I love all the pics. Thanks for helping me with your blog site. If you go to my blog there is an orange stripe across the top that says "click here for thousands of free blog templates." That's where I got mine. I was tired of the same ol' thing so I changed it up! Make sure you save your links though, in case the same thing happens to you. :-)

Anonymous said...

Still waiting for pictures! HINT HINT!!! Also, Kristin has a new blog ... thought you might want the link too ...
http://haniotakis.blogspot.com/