
This Thanksgiving was probably one of the best of my life. I had great food and even better company, but even more than that, my mind was ready to be thankful. I am keenly aware this year of how much we have been blessed, and how much I have to be grateful for. I am more appreciative of things than I used to be. I thought I was pretty grateful before, but I now know that I will always have room for growth. As life has thrown us curve ball after curve ball, I have had the chance to realize what things truly matter the most to me... my family, and the gospel. I have also learned that stuff and situation doesn't ever determine happiness. Then as I have had a chance to examine these things, it's made me realize that we are really blessed with a lot of hidden and not so hidden things. I had a chance the other night to be around some awesome people that I have grown to love in the last few months. I was moping around on the couch and feeling... well, depressed, and I said something like, "why do I feel so depressed right now?", because deep inside I knew that I was being stupid. Esther, Justin and Sharilynn were in the room with me getting ready to play a game.

Esther looked at me and said, "OK, we're going to go around the circle and say 5 things that make Crystal's life amazing." She started and next went Sharilyyn and then Justin. They all pointed out all the wonderful things that are going on in my life right now, and by the time it came to my turn, I had way more than 5 things in my mind (which was good since they made me say 10). Anyway, I am writing about this because I think it was, yet another, growing oppourtunity for me... kind of a turning point to change my attitude, but more importantly, my thoughts. I have been very happy this week as I have decided to think more about the blessings that I have and the many things that I am thankful for.
1 comment:
Crystal you are such an amazing person and I was SOOOO excited to log on today and find all this cool stuff you've posted! I can see just how wonderful and loving our Heavenly Father is to have placed you're family in the middle of so many people who LOVE you guys so much during this trying time for you! btw I will be at my moms house on monday morning if I don't have the baby this weekend come over and say Hi! I would love to see you :)
Post a Comment