6.19.2007

I'm With The Pilot



The day began... get out of bed to the sound of Braden opening Jade's door and Jade letting out a surprised cry from being woken up. When I entered the room, Jade was jumping around in her crib, a huge grin on her face, and Braden was standing there with a gigantic smile saying, "Jadenynns awake!" And off we went... breakfast, bath, teeth, clothes, a kids movie, my shower... but today was special. Today was Spencer's long awaited Instrument Check Ride. It was his job to prepare his flight plan, go over approaches at a bunch of different airports, and get mentally ready. It was my job to keep the kids from harassing him. The best way to do that is to go out, so that is what I did. I filled the day with activities that would keep us out of the house and would keep my mind off the check ride (I guess I get empathy nervousness). At 3:30, Spencer left for school. At 4:30, I went to Children's Orchard with the kids to sell some baby items we weren't using anymore. At 6:00, we got home and made/ate dinner. At 7:30 the kids were in bed and then I waited... and waited. The suspense was killing me. Spencer hadn't called, so did that mean he wasn't back or that he had bad news? Then at about 8:45ish, Kevin's phone started speaking Russian... a text! He showed it to me right away. It read simply, "I passed!" I was ELATED, wahooing all over the place! About 20 minutes later, Spencer came home. I heard the garage door and bolted to throw my arms around him. I was so happy that all of his hard work and effort had paid off and so so proud of him. Oh yes, I'm with the pilot!

1 comment:

Lynda said...

We are so excited, thanked Heavenly Father in our family prayer tonight, also continue to ask the blessing of safety on Spencer while flying as well as on you all. Keep up the hard work and faith, blessing will keep coming. Love dad and mom.